Garden And Gossip Forums
Lets see inside 2020 - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Plots, pots and gardens (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Greenhouse/polytunnel chat (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Lets see inside 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Lets see inside - Bren - 06-06-2020

I grow mine in buckets with netting over the top it’s the only way I can grow them without carrots fly damage.

RE: Lets see inside - Can the Man - 06-06-2020

I only grow carrots in the poly tunnel, no issues with carrot fly and they grow In Raised beds so watered every evening no fear of them drying out.

RE: Lets see inside - Geraldine - 07-06-2020

Ooooh they all look great! I'm in limbo right now, old polytunnel had to come down and new greenhouse not up yet. Missing being inside somewhere! I love tunnels and greenhouses, they are little oasises ( dont know if thats a word lol) of peace and nature.

RE: Lets see inside - Bren - 07-06-2020

I like the word ‘ oasises’ Big Grin I’ve been hiding in mine from the rain not really doing much apart from arm-pitting my toms.

RE: Lets see inside - Broadway - 21-06-2020

Stella this morning, send for the rspca!

RE: Lets see inside - Can the Man - 30-08-2020

I did a bit of photography yesterday and this morning after watering

DFB in the foreground with stubby carrots in the background , bolthardy beetroot in the middle
[attachment=1135]
New stubby carrot bed in the foreground Rooster potatoes and herbs in background 
[attachment=1136]
Pentland Javelins for 25th December in the foreground and unknown chillies in the background that keep on producing lovely not too hot chillies 
[attachment=1137]
Bolthardy beetroot 
[attachment=1138]
Cucumbers still producing, still growing like wildfire and throwing out creepers. Apple crisp chillis on the left of the picture
[attachment=1139]

My first attempt at growing chillies

these are called Kilian, they have gone from green to a nice orange colour, not tasted them yet.
[attachment=1140]
This is a lemon type chilli need to check the name :- it’s Lemonella
[attachment=1141]
Joes long cayenne chilli starting to turn red
[attachment=1142]
Apple crisp and apricot chilli both still green 
[attachment=1143]
These are the lemonella type again, still green 
[attachment=1144]
Hungarian hot wax chillies 
[attachment=1145]

View of my outdoor potato drills, I cut down all the stems on Saturday as a number of them got hit with blight, so to save the spuds I got rid of the plant leaves and stems.

[attachment=1146]
Cucumbers plants
[attachment=1147]
Cucumber and chillies 
[attachment=1148]
More Pentland Javelin in the foreground and red onions in the background 
[attachment=1149]

RE: Lets see inside - JJB - 31-08-2020

Ooooh, so tidy!

RE: Lets see inside - Broadway - 31-08-2020

Looking good CtMSmile