Garden And Gossip Forums
Lets see inside 2020 - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Plots, pots and gardens (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Greenhouse/polytunnel chat (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Lets see inside 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Lets see inside - SarrissUK - 27-05-2020

(27-05-2020, 09:07 PM)Baldy Wrote: On our plot, mine is bigger in both girth and length than is strictly allowed...

What a man thing to say hahaha

RE: Lets see inside - Veggie - 01-06-2020

1st June 2020

GH No 1 with courgettes and the first Beth Alpha cucumber on its way.

[attachment=290]  [attachment=289]  [attachment=288]

RE: Lets see inside - Veggie - 01-06-2020

GH No. 2 - with DFBs

RE: Lets see inside - Can the Man - 01-06-2020

My strawberries are coming along nicely 

[attachment=300]
[attachment=301]

First cucumber, have never grown one before
[attachment=302]

my strawberries 

[attachment=303]
[attachment=304]
First major gathering of strawberries 
[attachment=305]
[attachment=306]

Herb corner, with flat leaf parsley, thyme, lemon thyme, rosemary and curly parsley just going to seed.
[attachment=307]

Another view of my first cucumber I found lots of little babies. 
[attachment=308]

RE: Lets see inside - Small chilli - 05-06-2020

Had a bit of a swap round in the little tunnel today. Had to make space for another fish box, I ( say I, I mean Bob ) brought in from the garden to protect from the windy weather.  Decided it’s a permanent move.  The 2 squash & the ? ( squash, pumpkin, courgette, who knows, it’ll be a surprise  Big Grin  Rolleyes ) will enjoy life in the tunnel.

[attachment=375]

RE: Lets see inside - Veggie - 05-06-2020

Your carrots look amazing! I want to grow some like that!!

RE: Lets see inside - Bren - 06-06-2020

Lots of carrots I wonder if mine would do better if I left a bucket of them in the GH ?

RE: Lets see inside - JJB - 06-06-2020

I'm going to try that next year in MFBs, SC you've started a trend, VC will be making us compete so watch out!

RE: Lets see inside - Small chilli - 06-06-2020

(06-06-2020, 09:53 AM)JJB Wrote: I'm going to try that next year in MFBs, SC you've started a trend, VC will be making us compete so watch out!
Do keep up  Wink  Big Grin . That’s why I started growing them in buckets because our very own veggie did one of her challenges a couple of years ago.
I’ve continued because I think it works brilliantly    Cool .

(06-06-2020, 09:21 AM)Bren Wrote: Lots of carrots I wonder if mine would do better if I left a bucket of them in the GH ?
 I think they do great inside & it sorts out the carrot fly issues. They do like quite a lot of water in tubs inside, is the only thing. I couldn’t say if they’re any quicker growing inside, as I’ve never growing them outside.

RE: Lets see inside - JJB - 06-06-2020

(06-06-2020, 10:07 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 09:53 AM)JJB Wrote: I'm going to try that next year in MFBs, SC you've started a trend, VC will be making us compete so watch out!
Do keep up  Wink  Big Grin . That’s why I started growing them in buckets because our very own veggie did one of her challenges a couple of years ago.
I’ve continued because I think it works brilliantly    Cool .

Shoulda figured that.  Wasn't around then, so plead ignorance. Confused   Sounds a brilliant idea. Idea   just shows there's nothing new in this world.  Anyway thanks for showing us newbies some old tricks