Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 Sunflower competition - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Competitions (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: 2020 Sunflower competition (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Sunflower competition - Can the Man - 23-06-2020

I’m getting heads on mine now

[attachment=553]

RE: Sunflower competition - Small chilli - 23-06-2020

Mine are doing ok.

[attachment=554]

[attachment=555]

[attachment=556]

RE: Sunflower competition - Scarlet - 27-06-2020

Now can I join in with my Mexican sunflower? Tithonia Big Grin

I know it's cheating but mine have started flowering. I love them ?

[attachment=587][attachment=588]

Now I have several sunflowers, they seem to be branching off already Smile can I cut them off and then count how many flower as I go? 

First one to open
[attachment=589]

RE: Sunflower competition - Small chilli - 27-06-2020

I like those Mexican ones.

RE: Sunflower competition - Scarlet - 27-06-2020

Me too! I used to grow them lots but they take ages to flower....I started them early this year and then the hot Spring has encouraged early flowering. Very chuffed Smile

RE: Sunflower competition - Can the Man - 27-06-2020

My sun flowers appear to have multiple heads, should I leave them on the plant or should I remove some ?, I thinking about the weight of the head on the stem when it does open. Some of the ones I’ve seen the heads are huge and I’m sure are quite heavy.

RE: Sunflower competition - Small chilli - 28-06-2020

(27-06-2020, 11:35 PM)Can the Man Wrote: My sun flowers appear to have multiple heads, should I leave them on the plant or should I remove some ?, I thinking about the weight of the head on the stem when it does open. Some of the ones I’ve seen the heads are huge and I’m sure are quite heavy.
I’ve never removed any heads. Some sunflower are supposed to be multi headed. It’s one of the competition categories! 

here’s one of mine from last summer

[attachment=591]

RE: Sunflower competition - Can the Man - 28-06-2020

(28-06-2020, 07:16 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(27-06-2020, 11:35 PM)Can the Man Wrote: My sun flowers appear to have multiple heads, should I leave them on the plant or should I remove some ?, I thinking about the weight of the head on the stem when it does open. Some of the ones I’ve seen the heads are huge and I’m sure are quite heavy.
I’ve never removed any heads. Some sunflower are supposed to be multi headed. It’s one of the competition categories! 

here’s one of mine from last summer
Thanks SC

RE: Sunflower competition - Can the Man - 09-07-2020

i have 2 flower heads opening 

[attachment=715]

RE: Sunflower competition - Vinny - 09-07-2020

Is there a prize for the crappiest?  Cool I had a competition with my next door neighbour but the slugs/snails got mine. Undecided

Out of the goodness of her heart she gave me another four plants today but they are miles behind from what I can see. Rolleyes