Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 Sunflower competition - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Competitions (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: 2020 Sunflower competition (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Sunflower competition - Small chilli - 21-05-2020

My first 5 are planted out  Smile . Ones planted in a mole hill, can’t beat the little **it, might as well make use of his work  Big Grin .

[attachment=69]

Mole hill sunflower ( looks like I was having a bad and just missed the bed when I was planting it  Big Grin ).

[attachment=70]

RE: Sunflower competition - Vinny - 21-05-2020

(21-05-2020, 08:11 AM)Small chilli Wrote: My first 5 are planted out  Smile . Ones planted in a mole hill, can’t beat the little **it, might as well make use of his work  Big Grin .

Mole hill sunflower ( looks like I was having a bad and just missed the bed when I was planting it  Big Grin ).

Is sage a good companion plant for sunflowers then. Smile If mole returns, sunflower may drop down hole.(eek)

RE: Sunflower competition - Small chilli - 21-05-2020

(21-05-2020, 08:40 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(21-05-2020, 08:11 AM)Small chilli Wrote: My first 5 are planted out  Smile . Ones planted in a mole hill, can’t beat the little **it, might as well make use of his work  Big Grin .

Is sage a good companion plant for sunflowers then. Smile If mole returns, sunflower may drop down hole.(eek)
What do you mean if  Wink . 
I’m planting 12 and I’ve still got 25 spare (rehomed 10 already). I think I can experiment a little  Big Grin .

RE: Sunflower competition - Bren - 22-05-2020

A couple of sunflowers next to my pea frame. 

[attachment=130]

RE: Sunflower competition - Can the Man - 22-05-2020

Wow look at those peas they are well advanced.
Sunflowers look great too.

My sunflowers are only starting to grow now, had to move them today because of the high winds

[attachment=141]
[attachment=140]
[attachment=139]

RE: Sunflower competition - Vinny - 23-05-2020

(22-05-2020, 07:37 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Wow look at those peas they are well advanced.
Sunflowers look great too.

My sunflowers are only starting to grow now, had to move them today because of the high winds
Mine are about the same size and got blown off the patio table yesterday, also a slug had stocking topped one of them. Angry

They are now on the kitchen window sill until this wind dies down as they were getting battered. Sad

RE: Sunflower competition - Neffa - 06-06-2020

Dum dum de dum dum dum de dum dum.

Plants sadly passed away due to kitty whoopsies.

RE: Sunflower competition - Vinny - 06-06-2020

I have planted mine in the garden but because they were originally bird seed I have no idea how big  they will grow. Rolleyes

RE: Sunflower competition - Bren - 06-06-2020

(06-06-2020, 02:44 PM)Neffa Wrote: Dum dum de dum dum dum de dum dum.

Plants sadly passed away due to kitty whoopsies.
Thats a pity but I don't think its to late to sow more seeds.

RE: Sunflower competition - Can the Man - 06-06-2020

My sunflowers are getting some crinkle leaves on them