Garden And Gossip Forums
Indigo Rose - Beautiful looking tomato - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: From seed to plant (edibles) (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Everything Tomato (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Indigo Rose - Beautiful looking tomato (/showthread.php?tid=347)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Indigo Rose - Beautiful looking tomato - Mamzie - 12-07-2020

(psst, I have added G&G to my mobile, so no need to find my laptop to find it no longer, can you tel?l)

RE: Indigo Rose - Beautiful looking tomato - Veggie - 12-07-2020

That's it, Scarlet! Blue OSU (Oregon State University).
Wonder whether I still have seeds - although I don't think I was that impressed as I haven't kept growing them.

Didn't the Smurfs disappoint some of "us" one year y not growing as expected?

RE: Indigo Rose - Beautiful looking tomato - Veggie - 12-07-2020

(12-07-2020, 07:36 PM)Mamzie Wrote: (psst, I have added G&G to my mobile, so no need to find my laptop to find it no longer, can you tel?l)
My problem is finding my mobile!  Blush

RE: Indigo Rose - Beautiful looking tomato - Scarlet - 12-07-2020

I've been eating all the early Jan sown ones.
Latah, garden pearl and rambling red stripe.

[attachment=725]
Ive been pretty amazed with what I have had ripen already - roughly about 5kg?
Though my Latah don't seem very Latah shaped - all wierd shaped toms but they taste amazing. Super sweet. 

Those that I've sown in March are only just turning. Black Vernissage we ate yesterday and I've a few black Icicle ready to pick.

RE: Indigo Rose - Beautiful looking tomato - Mamzie - 12-07-2020

Thats fabulous Scarlett. The Latah plants I have had a few from, but my plants seem very weak. Gold nugget was my super early and has been amazing and has given lots already, plus my gold rush currant but they are teeny fruit lol. PeaceVine is absolutely lush tasting. Black Icicle are very vigorous, but none ripened here yet x

RE: Indigo Rose - Beautiful looking tomato - toomanytommytoes - 12-07-2020

Our Latah plants always look a bit straggly. We're not growing it this year but I wish we had. So far we've had a few Maskotka from the straw bales and the odd Danko (which doesn't look like it should) from an outdoor raised bed. The greenhouse tomatoes are still a few weeks away from ripening by the looks of things.

RE: Indigo Rose - Beautiful looking tomato - Scarlet - 12-07-2020

(12-07-2020, 07:37 PM)Veggie Wrote: That's it, Scarlet! Blue OSU (Oregon State University).
Wonder whether I still have seeds - although I don't think I was that impressed as I haven't kept growing them.

Didn't the Smurfs disappoint some of "us" one year y not growing as expected?
Yes, they weren't stable. Different sizes and the colour was a bit lost. I thought they tasted good one year - kids loved them, they were also fun when friends came for dinner if you mixed them up with other varieties. 
This year I was worried about getting out to get food etc so my main sowing were just all the same reliable toms - black Icicle, black cherry and a couple of others.