Garden And Gossip Forums
A little chilli update - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: From seed to plant (edibles) (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Everything Chilli (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: A little chilli update (/showthread.php?tid=251)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: A little chilli update - Small chilli - 29-07-2020

Loving one of my Hungarian black plants this year. Never seen anything so beautiful

[attachment=865]

Everything else is doing quite nicely as well. It’s nearly time for my first proper harvest.

[attachment=866]

(29-07-2020, 06:52 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Hi guys looking for some advice now, my Caynne chillies are now so long no they are sitting on the soil of the raised bed and bending, I’m also worried about them sitting on damp soil. Th3 plants are tall and strong but the fruit are on lower branches. Any suggestions or pointers for me ?.
Firstly stop panicking cayennes do have a slight bend. You could slide some bits of slate under them so they’re not sat on the soil.

RE: A little chilli update - Can the Man - 29-07-2020

(29-07-2020, 06:56 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Loving one of my Hungarian black plants this year. Never seen anything so beautiful

Everything else is doing quite nicely as well. It’s nearly time for my first proper harvest.
Looks super SC, do you deliberately spread out your plants, my two Unknown’s are loaded with fruit but the seem to be intertwined within itself.

(29-07-2020, 07:04 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(29-07-2020, 06:56 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Loving one of my Hungarian black plants this year. Never seen anything so beautiful

Looks super SC, do you deliberately spread out your plants, my two Unknown’s are loaded with fruit but the seem to be intertwined within itself.
I put the pots as far away from each other as I can at the beginning of the season. But when it gets to this time of year I’ve not much clue where one stops and another begins.  If you mean do I train each plant to go outward, no I let them do what ever they like. Only thing I do is keep adding to the support. So I don’t get any broken limbs ( on the plant, not me ) or pots falling over because the plants so top heavy.

RE: A little chilli update - JJB - 29-07-2020

Yours look lovely but I think I might stick to just one plant for next year. I fear I may be overwhelmed with chillies from just the one. Smile

RE: A little chilli update - Small chilli - 30-07-2020

(29-07-2020, 11:18 PM)JJB Wrote: Yours look lovely but I think I might stick to just one plant for next year.  I fear I may be overwhelmed with chillies from just the one.  Smile
What variety you growing JJB ?

RE: A little chilli update - Vinny - 30-07-2020

(14-07-2020, 08:21 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(14-07-2020, 07:02 PM)Can the Man Wrote: My Hungarian wax has started to produce fruit
So’s mine
Looks like one from my mixed pepper selection. So thats's what it is. Cool

RE: A little chilli update - Small chilli - 30-07-2020

(30-07-2020, 09:32 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(14-07-2020, 08:21 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(14-07-2020, 07:02 PM)Can the Man Wrote: My Hungarian wax has started to produce fruit
So’s mine
Looks like one from my mixed pepper selection. So thats's what it is. Cool
Did you get a list of possibly varieties with your mixed selection? Unfortunately there are lots of chillies that look very similar. Here you go this should confuse you a bit more  Wink  

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-types/medium-heat-chili-peppers/hungarian-wax-chili-peppers/

RE: A little chilli update - Vinny - 30-07-2020

Nope I didn't notice a list and I have lost the packet now. I think I can recognise Jalapeno's,Cayenne and possibly Hot Wax, although the one I tasted wasn't very hot?

I also have six habanero.s grown from a different packet. As well as these I have three named chillie plants I was given, including Bhut Jolokia and Dorset naga methinks.

RE: A little chilli update - Can the Man - 30-07-2020

(29-07-2020, 06:52 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Hi guys looking for some advice now, my Caynne chillies are now so long no they are sitting on the soil of the raised bed and bending, I’m also worried about them sitting on damp soil. Th3 plants are tall and strong but the fruit are on lower branches. Any suggestions or pointers for me ?.
Just adding a picture

[attachment=877]