Garden And Gossip Forums
2024 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2024 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=2076)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 20-02-2024

Sowed beetroot and Welsh onion seeds, planted Babington Leek bulbils, Pricked out some lettuce seedlings and planted them in a gutter in GH2.
Pulled up more dead grass. Sieved some hotbin compost.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Small chilli - 24-02-2024

It’s actually quite a nice day. I got to play in the garden for a while. So I did a bit more pot tidying, pruning and juggling. Very enjoyable. Also potted on a canna. I was actually throwing it out , though it was dead. Emptied it out of its pot and lots of healthy roots and new shoots all round the edges. It wouldn’t fit back in the pot it came out of. So potted on.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 24-02-2024

Potted up some cauli and broccoli seedlings that need hardening off. We are forecast a few frosts over next few days so will keep them in conservatory for a while. It was a hard frost last night with ice on the bird's water bowl. Garlic and onion seedlings are OK in the greenhouse.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - JJB - 24-02-2024

Cleaned some white plastic labels, there are hundreds more to do. Noted that my sweetpeas in the cold gh have germinated. Peered through the hedge to watch the new neighbours start trying to tame their own private jungle. It may take some time.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 24-02-2024

I don't clean labels, just put them with the relevant seed packets for next season's growing. Saves me some time and there's less chance of forgetting to label the seeds. I write them in pencil too as it doesn't fade in the way the ink does.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - JJB - 25-02-2024

(24-02-2024, 11:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: I don't clean labels, just put them with the relevant seed packets for next season's growing. Saves me some time and there's less chance of forgetting to label the seeds. I write them in pencil too as it doesn't fade in the way the ink does.
I have to clean many of mine because they've spent the winter in a pile of mud   Smile then there's those, as you say, have half faded. You're so right that pencil is better than ink. There is something very satisfying about a nice clean label, just like a new sheet of paper.  Shame I don't feel that way about floors and carpets  Big Grin

RE: 2024 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 25-02-2024

Yesterday I tried to prune and propagate my indoor plants. Fingers crossed I haven't just killed them all Big Grin

Today I took the bokashi to the allotment asking with a spare rhubarb plant that I'm hoping someone will adopt. Trimmed the huge old rose, dragged the boysenberry canes back through to the inside of the fruit cage (same again with fingers crossed for not killing...), and harvested some self rooted boysenberry babies. Noted that I have four full size productive blackcurrants now so may be offering one of those along with whichever boysenberries survive.

Still need to pot up my poor beleaguered primroses from a week or two ago.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-02-2024

Spent some time in the GH, sieving hotbin compost. One 30 litre tub has been sieved and is ready to use. Two x 30 litr3 tubs left to do.
Did a bit of watering & weeding in the GH too. Hurry up spring!

RE: 2024 - What I did today - JJB - 26-02-2024

The silver submarine went for her MOT and service. Spent the weekend getting her up to speed. A bit of a hitch with a rubber boot on the suspension but she's home and purring in the garage.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 27-02-2024

DId some digging in preparation for potatoes. The ground is absolutely saturated at the moment. It will need to dry out a lot if stuff is not going to rot when planted. I'm thinking of digging a bit of a ditch/moat round this bit