Garden And Gossip Forums
2024 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2024 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=2076)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 06-05-2024

Cleared the beds in GH2, uprooting Rocket, Chinese veg of some sort & Lambs Lettuce and bunged it all in a big bucket as most of it had seed heads and I didn't want to put it in the Hotbin.. Tomorrow, I'll find an unsuspecting patch of ground and scatter the plants over it. Hopefully, it will soon be covered in the afore-mentioned plants.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-05-2024

Replanted a giant chard from GH1 in the garden.
Planted a few more tomatoes in GH1.
Weeded some of the "rockery" which is being swamped by forgetmenots and cow parsley.
Pondered where to put the 4' length of GH staging I acquired today - still pondering!
Took the open bottomed pots off the courgette plants in the old pond so that they could enjoy a bit of sun. I'll leave them off now as the nights are forecast to be warmer.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 07-05-2024

Extricated some garden netting from overgrown grass and consigned to the dustbin - will never use that type again as it was disintegrating fast. Have decided my tomato plants are short of magnesium which isn't in miraclegrow fertilizer and mustn't be in the miraclegrow compost I bought on offer from Morries at the end of last year. The only thing we had in the house was epsom salts so gave them a dose of that and hoping for the best.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Small chilli - 07-05-2024

Put weed fabric around the base of the standing stone in the cottage garden. Then moved the pile of rocks I’d collected and put the on top of it. Just temporarily to kill off the grass and weeds. And until I need them to edge my garden beds. Removed tomato arm pits. Then we helped friends launch their boat. And got to go out on it. Just to make sure everything was working properly of course  Big Grin . 

[attachment=7536]

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Vinny - 08-05-2024

Cut and boxed off my lawn yesterday.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Bren - 08-05-2024

Potted up marigolds.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - JJB - 08-05-2024

Dug out last year's kale and carrots, planted onions. Planted out modules of beetroot.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Small chilli - 08-05-2024

Dug the outline of another bed. Marked out another one. Started working out what plants are going into which bed. Which involved cleaning a space, putting a ground sheet down and a couple more pallets. Writing the bed name on the newly placed pallets. Then walking around my personal garden centre and choosing plants. While doing that I was also weeding pots, throwing out things that haven’t survived winter. And amalgamating sweet William and carnations into a fish box each . Instead of them scattered all over the place in individual pots.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 08-05-2024

Cleared pots and junk from a stretch of the back wall of the house and put the newly acquired GH staging there, to act as a hardening off bench for seedlings. Its opposite GH1 and close to GH3, GH2's not far either!
Planted some rooted spring onions in the patch of ground where all spring onions live!
Sowed peas in modules.
Scattered past their best mushrooms and all the seeding salad plants I'd cleared from the GH in odd corners.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - JJB - 09-05-2024

Stupidly spent one of the hottest days so far in the gh deciding on which to keep, indoors, outdoors, giveaways or scrap, then potting on, spacing out, hardening off toms.