Garden And Gossip Forums
2024 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2024 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=2076)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-03-2024

Planted lots of FREE garlic (grown in Spain) in modules. If they grow, I may start a permanent garlic patch. I already have patches for leeks, perennial leeks, elephant garlic, spring onions and three cornered leeks.
The random potato patch has been sowing signs of life - last year's spuds are already showing leaves. Since I have quite a few sprouting spuds in the kitchen I decided to plant them, using the Veggie multipurpose system! To make space I needed to dig up some brambles and wild comfrey so wherever I dug something up, I planted a spud and covered it with comfrey leaves from the plants I'd dug up.
Weed/Plant/Feed all in one easy movement. Big Grin

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Garrett - 26-03-2024

Planted out some jacob's ladder and aquilegia I'd grown from seed last year. Also transplanted some self seeded foxgloves I'd found growing in various containers.
Potted on some sweet peppers.
Sowed a few extra tomatoes and more lemon basil.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Small chilli - 26-03-2024

Yesterday Potted on some chillies & sweet peppers. Finished putting wood on the polytunnel. Then collected lots of stones from all round the garden.
Today put the ground cover down in the tunnel.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 27-03-2024

Pricked out some lettuce seedlings into gutters in GH2.
Potted some rooted basil cuttings.
Messed about in the GH as every time I stepped outside it rained!

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Small chilli - 27-03-2024

Did an hours stone picking in between the various bad weather.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Broadway - 27-03-2024

Over the plot again, planted 6 strawberries in the 'new' fruit bed then a bit more weeding/tidying.

Trying to do an hour a day when it's dry.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 27-03-2024

Well not been in the garden for a week as trying to renovate the bathroom as bath is old and flexing quite a bit now, the sink is cracked and the toilet cistern fell of the wall as screws had rusted through. So far I've painted some walls and ceiling, put the bath in with an electric shower and just attaching a shower screen this evening but off to London tomorrow so will leave it like that till we return. The next jobs will be tiling, removing sink and toilet, finish tiling and install new sink and toilet - but easier said than done.

This morning, the weather seemed quite bright so I started to plant 2 rows of early potatoes. Did one OK but then the heavens opened. When I came to finish off the second row, it was very muddy. Couple of weeks ago, I planted some cauliflower seedlings at the end of the greenhouse as it was the only place where the ground was dry enough.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - JJB - 28-03-2024

Planted strawberry runners in the patio box in the hope I've got rid of vine weevil grubs in the soil. Pundits say coat the soil with gravel but as I haven't got any gravel (plus it always seems to sink into the soil) I've tried a layer of beech nut husks in the hope VW won't like those for egg laying.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Small chilli - 28-03-2024

Moved my chillies from spare room to our room. Until the visitors go home.
Mucking out house for visitors arriving tomorrow

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 28-03-2024

Planted the stump from yesterday's leek - got wet. Not a good day for gardening so I stayed in and thought of a plan for the old chicken run. I'll share it with you another day, when its dry!