Garden And Gossip Forums
2024 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2024 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=2076)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: 2024 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 16-03-2024

Planted my new clematis in pots, although I expect they won't be happy after living indoors for a week. Shuffled some things around in the open air greenhouse. Put the dahlia rubbers on some compost since they were looking sad about life and might as well try rather than bin. Still have masses of sowing but no time at the moment.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Small chilli - 16-03-2024

Potted on some of the chillies & sweet peppers. Helped a friend plant some things in her garden.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Garrett - 17-03-2024

It has been a sunny afternoon so I pruned the hydrangea, fuchsia and buddleia shrubs. I also cut back the bronze fennel and verbena plants and removed the old foliage from the crocosmia. 

As per tradition, the tortoise came out of his winter hibernation in the fridge to celebrate St Patrick's day. It's always a relief to see the little fella again, he's happily munching away on some fresh dandelions after his long sleep.

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 17-03-2024

Welcome to spring, little tortoise. Smile
My brother keeps his in the spare bedroom. Every so often it goes walk about and ends up under the bed. The dogs always know where he is!

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 17-03-2024

Dug up lots of creeping buttercup and lemon balm from the intended Field bean bed.
Weeded elsewhere!
Potted 2 bags of supermarket cut thyme into 4 pots.
Sieved some hotbin compost.
Pruned the Bijou mangetout in GH2. Ate a couple of pods as a reward!

RE: 2024 - What I did today - JJB - 18-03-2024

(17-03-2024, 07:52 PM)Veggie Wrote: Pruned the Bijou mangetout in GH2. Ate a couple of pods as a reward!
 Tongue Angry   Mine are only ½" high

RE: 2024 - What I did today - JJB - 18-03-2024

Pricked out beef tomatoes, a few into propagator in gh a few remaining indoors

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Garrett - 18-03-2024

It was dry again so I mowed the lawn since rain is forecast for the rest of the week.
Planted out the Green Beauty mangetout.
Planted out the overwintered Old Fashioned Mix sweet peas I sowed last autumn. They look pretty good!

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Small chilli - 18-03-2024

Sown seeds. Pricked out more germinated tomatoes.
Put copper around the bottom shelf and all the legs of my plant stand. Like copper tape but the longer lasting version. Flattened out copper pipe attached with copper clout nails.
Also attached wind break to the back of the shelves. And put them in their forever location. Just need to leave them now ( a combination of digging down and putting on blocks. I think.)

RE: 2024 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-03-2024

Finished weeding/digging the future Field Bean bed and started on the future onion bed.
Planted a few broad beans - the only ones to germinate from a sowing of old seeds.
Pruned more raspberries - I know some are Joan J. The rest are just random ones.
Planted 3 Charlotte potato tubers in each of 2 pots in the GH. I have 2 spuds left and I couldn't decide whether to put 4 in each pot or save them for another pot........still thinking!
Its been a good day for gardening. Big Grin