Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 16-06-2020

Not much I spent the day in the garden reading, weeding and a bit of potting on but mostly reading Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Admin - 16-06-2020

Took the OH to the dentist, she has a real phobia about them. She just had a polish, I had an extraction....not a tooth, just £120! Angry

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 17-06-2020

Finally caught up with my To Sow list yesterday - beetroot, turnips, coriander, basil, parsley, mangetout, January king cabbage, red rusian kale to replace a couple that have been voled, fennel, radish.
Pricked out some JK cabages.
Pruned and tied in the vines which always makes me feel 'proper' French!! Big Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 17-06-2020

Potted up a couple of self seeded sunflowers I’ll give them week or so then replant them not in the parsnip bed or GH Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 17-06-2020

Finally got round to planting out some wildflowers I had grown from seed into my small wildflower meadow. Cool I have no idea what they were as they were from a wildflower mix. I had two groundsel growing but couldn't bring myself to plant them as I am forever pulling them out at the allotment. Rolleyes
I used a bulb planter to plant them then watered them in.

I still have a full tray of plugs from another seed mix, but the seedlings all appear to be the same, whatever they may be. Huh

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 17-06-2020

Picked raspberries and the first loganberries/tayberries (not sure what they are!).
Took the dried seedheads off some Calendula and scattered the seeds in another spot. I lurve Calendula - bright, cheerful and absolutely no trouble.
Planted 2 Buckles Black runner bean seedlings that I hope to save seeds from as its a locally grown bean.
Shooed the chicken out of the GH where she was homing in on the lettuce.
Thinned out some apples prior to the June Drop.
Spread some old Ambassador peas on damp paper to test germination.
Browsed on some sugarsnap peas and raspberries.
Rushed back to the house when it started to rain.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 17-06-2020

Tied up tromboncino & spaghetti squash. Earthed up leeks with grass clippings. Mowed & strimmed.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 18-06-2020

Potted on some chillies. Potted on my new pomegranate. Tied up some chillies. Did a bit of hedge trimming (stopping hedge rubbing against the the tunnels). Weeding path in front of house.

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 19-06-2020

Rain stopped play for most of the morning so baked instead. This afternoon sowed three different types of turnip - I hope I like them. Thinned carrots and got enough for a taster of things to come Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Scarlet - 19-06-2020

OH loves turnips!
I've been digging in some more dahlias and also planting up any spare annual that I come across in my "Chuck everything in it" border. The much needed rain has softened the ground enough for me to dig some holes.
Having a coffee and 5mins now with my sidekick
Smile Smile 

[attachment=517]

She is asleep with her eyes open cos she won't budge! Big Grin