Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 24-12-2020

Where do I start !, cleaned out and set and lit the fire, got in fuel for the fire, made stuffing for the turkey, stuffed the turkey crown and put it in the oven to cook. Cooked the ham in cider and water with lots of herbs and spices. Visited a neighbor with a gift for their children, made cranberry sauce, picked brussel sprouts in the garden. Now I’m knackered so sitting back to relax.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 26-12-2020

Set up my propagator. Sown first 10 varieties of Chillies.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 27-12-2020

Cleaned up some branches that came down in last nights storm Bella got the turf in and lit the fire, it’s expected to be a cold one tonight.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 27-12-2020

(27-12-2020, 05:14 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Cleaned up some branches that came down in last nights storm Bella got the turf in and lit the fire, it’s expected to be a cold one tonight.
Hello Can,

What do you mean by got the turf in?

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 27-12-2020

Got rid of some clutter in the GH and made some room for a trough thingy, in which I sowed some carrots.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 27-12-2020

Repotted the errant orchid. It should have still been flowering but it got knocked and the stem is now on the kitchen table. Its roots were not brilliant so will need to be careful with the watering till I see some new growth through the pot.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 28-12-2020

(27-12-2020, 05:48 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(27-12-2020, 05:14 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Cleaned up some branches that came down in last nights storm Bella got the turf in and lit the fire, it’s expected to be a cold one tonight.
Hello Can,

Hi Danny, I have my turf stored in a shed so I have to fill up the bunker outside the back door, takes 3 wheel barrow loads to fill it. I like veg on the Bog so I buy a trailer load of turf throw it back into the shed my son built me this year.
[attachment=1858][attachment=1859]

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 28-12-2020

(28-12-2020, 12:55 AM)Can the Man Wrote:
Hello Can,

Hi Danny, I have my turf stored in a shed so I have to fill up the bunker outside the back door, takes 3 wheel barrow loads to fill it. I like veg on the Bog so I buy a trailer load of turf throw it back into the shed my son built me this year.
Nice looking shed/structure there Can although I'm still none the wiser about what you meanSmile

When you safe turf are you talking about grass turf?

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 28-12-2020

Sorted my seeds into various logical planting groups/envelopes.

Rushed into town/Wilko with my Christmas voucher, sulked back with my tail between my legs (I think I was a little eagerSmile)

Potted on the remaining Babington leeks.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 28-12-2020

(28-12-2020, 02:33 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(28-12-2020, 12:55 AM)Can the Man Wrote:
Hello Can,

Nice looking shed/structure there Can although I'm still none the wiser about what you meanSmile

When you safe turf are you talking about grass turf?

http://www.oldandinteresting.com/peat-fire.aspx