Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 09-12-2020

Had to visit the allotment today as the kitchen waste bucket was full along with the wood ash bucket.

Took the last tray of leeks and stuck them in the greenhouse. The kitchen waste went into the dalek and the wood ash was spread on the area where (eventually) I will plant out my spring cabbage.

Watched Spike Milligan as the Pakistani Dalek on youtube. Big Grin That man was a comedy genius.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 09-12-2020

(09-12-2020, 11:46 AM)Spec Wrote:  I have seen the wren several times about the garden but never feeding on the grass nor the feeders, now going for a coffee
Didn't know wrens liked coffee.Smile

Did some Montbretia elimination, picked some more russet apples - still holding well on the trees though the birds are pecking at some.
Sowed some Cucumber Tree seeds and moved all the Advent Calendar seeds into a propagator.

Made space in GH No 1 for a surprise package!!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 09-12-2020

^^^ Ha ha,should have known you would pick that up, but talking of wrens do you know what coin had a wren on it?

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 09-12-2020

My grandmother told me it was a farthing. You must have bought a lot with those, Spec. Wink

Do you know why they were called "farthing"s

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 09-12-2020

(09-12-2020, 06:00 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 11:46 AM)Spec Wrote:  I have seen the wren several times about the garden but never feeding on the grass nor the feeders, now going for a coffee
Didn't know wrens liked coffee.Smile

Did some Montbretia elimination, picked some more russet apples - still holding well on the trees though the birds are pecking at some.
Sowed some Cucumber Tree seeds and moved all the Advent Calendar seeds into a propagator.

Made space in GH No 1 for a surprise package!!
Copycat! Tongue Beat you to it.

^^^^ Aye yours bad as the auld yinRolleyes Big Grin

(09-12-2020, 06:31 PM)Veggie Wrote: Do you know why they were called "farthing"s
I take it its something to do with a fourth of, as the farthing was a quarter of a penny

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 09-12-2020

Spent the afternoon clearing a bit more of the big tunnel. So all chillies except jalapeños have been harvested & chopped down. I’m having a very half hearted attempt at over winters 7 of them. Started emptying some pots.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 10-12-2020

(09-12-2020, 06:00 PM)Veggie Wrote: [quote='Spec' pid='12562' dateline='1607510812']Made space in GH No 1 for a surprise package!!

OK, I will askRolleyes what is the surprise package?

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 10-12-2020

Where to start..................
Apologies Vinny for missing your wren remark - I was too busy trying to picture a Spike Milligan compost bin.Wink

Specs - for once you are right - a farthing is a fourth thing of a penny, just as a half penny was, literally, a penny cut in half. We've lost all these meaningful words with decimal currency!
and my surprise package has been revealed on another thread - so you'll have to look for it. Tongue