Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 06-12-2020

Was doing a wee bit of tidying up and came across 9 packets of seeds from 2016, but definitely will not be letting OH know, as I would never hear the end of it, but they were not lost, just misplaced Rolleyes

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 06-12-2020

Went to visit my grandparents and godmothers grave and put some flowers on it. Then off to visit my granddaughter for her 3rd birthday.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 07-12-2020

Tidied the plot shed using the new tower shelve thingy.

Asked Mrs B is she had an old doormat I could use for the plot shed, came back with 4 including 1 being more like a rug! The shed floor looks very grand now, not sure how long it will last?

Covered the Taunton Deane & Nine Star Broccoli bed with netting.

Packaged and posted some seeds for the “Seed Giveaways ( commercial & unwanted )” thread.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 07-12-2020

Spent a couple of hours tidying up after Bob. Also took apart my sunflower growing area outside the porch. Won’t be growing them in that again until I’m in my own garden.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 07-12-2020

Working from home office from 8:00, took a break at 11:00 wrapped up and went for a walk on the big, it was 0.5’C and the frost was just starting to defrost on the trees and was dripping down on top of me. Got back, made a nice mug of hot coffee and back to work. Harvested some carrots for dinner this evening and some parsley to sprinkle on the dinner. Checked my chestnut mushrooms in the tunnel, I now have 3 growing.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 08-12-2020

Took another pallet collar to the plot.

Continued weeding / sifting the crap zone at the plot.

Did a bit more tidying / bagging up of manure and grass clippings.

Reviewed the spare area to try and get the final footprint of where the fruit bushes, JA’s, and raspberries(if I get any) will reside.

At home - Cutback the rosemary, bay,  and lavender, not sure if it’s the right time of year but it was a total mess.

Worked out with Mrs B where I’m allowed to put the overwintering geraniums!

Started on my apple jelly with the windfall apples, the mush has been left to drip overnight.

Loaded the dehydrator with herbs, 90% rosemary, 10% bay.

- TBH it sounds more than it actually wasSmile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 08-12-2020

Continued weeding the Montbretia/Vinca/bramble area.
Lopped off 3 branches of broom that were waving in my face every time I passed by them and poked them in the ground alongside the fence. That'll teach them!!
Sowed Ajmud - whatever it is.
Watered the GHs as it was dry enough to open the doors and give them some fresh air.
Moved 3 pots of orange lilies (bought for 15p each in Morries on Sunday) into the GH. They're past their best for flowers but I'll let them die back then plant the bulbs out somewhere in spring.
Planted a leek root base in the random leek bed.
Cleaned out the chook house.
Found an Oca, glowing red on the damp ground - must have been dug up by summat. Don't want to dig up any more as the frost hasn't killed off the leaves yet.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 09-12-2020

Sitting watching the birds feeding about the garden, just had a flock of long tailed tits descend on the feeders darting hither and thither and then away again, then a wren dissappear into the ivy, I have seen the wren several times about the garden but never feeding on the grass nor the feeders, now going for a coffee

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 09-12-2020

Put into soak the Dwarf Patio Fruit Trees that arrived last night.

Stomped all my pallet offcuts over the plot to store. (4 wheelbarrow round trips, helped with my step count?)

Potted on some geranium cuttings and cutback one pot, relocated them to the loft – Let’s see what happens! (3 pots left but knacked now with all the stomping?)

Finished making the apple jelly.

Dried herbs.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 09-12-2020

(09-12-2020, 11:46 AM)Spec Wrote: Sitting watching the birds feeding about the garden, just had a flock of long tailed tits descend on the feeders darting hither and thither and then away again, then a wren dissappear into the ivy, I have seen the wren several times about the garden but never feeding on the grass nor the feeders, now going for a coffee
Didn't realise birds drank coffee. Tongue Rolleyes