Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Admin - 30-11-2020

Spent a lazy day reading a book about the origins of Christmas, was really interesting to find out how much was taken from paganism including the 12 days of Christmas.

Was an e-book I stumbled upon written by the Reverend somebody. Got a bit confussing when it got into different calendars though.

Still, I am a little more wiser for reading it

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 01-12-2020

Yesterday and the day before was spent digging up my dahlias and chrysanthemums. The dahlias (about 40) were put on a piece of cardboard in a coolish shed. each year I mean to label them before the flowers die so i know which I really like for taking more cuttings but each year I don't get round to it.

The chrysanths don't really need digging up except they get massacred by slugs if I don't. These I potted up with old compost. I got about 10 pots out of the shed for them and found about 15 queen wasps in between these. Finding the first gave me a bit of a shock so I was looking out for more. There were 5 in one. They are on top of staging now in a greenhouse where hopefully they will be safe, the chrysanths that is. I'll check them regularly as well as I find slugs everywhere these days.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 02-12-2020

Yesterday I continued weeding / hacking the crap zone at the plot.

Also laid down a layer of cardboard on the shed floor to try and help the damp, looks better anyway!

Also took the opportunity to tidy the shed.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 02-12-2020

Morning all.

Went fishing and caught a nice trout yesterday.Trout fillet for brekkie for OH and I. Cool

Christmas decorations to take down from attic and put up today. I might even get a bit more tiling done in the bathroom......we shall see. Rolleyes

TTFN

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 02-12-2020

Shredded more leaves and bagged them up. Finally the end of leaf collection season.
Pruned the thug known as a blackberry, I have the wounds to prove it.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 02-12-2020

Dug up the chard plants as I need to reclaim the area. Potted them on, hopefully they will give me something next year?

Picked the rest of my parsnips today, as I said this was an experimental year. Overall well happy but I need to prepare the area for next year now.

Continued weeding / hacking / sifting the crap zone at the plot.

Day1 sourdough starter (never tried this before!)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Norfolk Grey - 02-12-2020

Started making a willow reindeer.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 02-12-2020

Put a new sheet of plywood on a door for granddaughter's bedroom, got it all ready for painting then read the instructions (unusualRolleyes) apply at min. 10c so at 4c had to leave it

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 02-12-2020

Started grinding all my dried chillies, my apple crisp and Hungarian hot wax got over roasted in the oven and were unusable. The other chillies have all ground up lovely. The different smells of each are very noticeable. First years growing and drying chillies has been a success as I also have a freezer full of chillies.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 03-12-2020

(02-12-2020, 09:55 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Started grinding all my dried chillies, my apple crisp and Hungarian hot wax got over roasted in the oven and were unusable. The other chillies have all ground up lovely. The different spells of each are very noticeable.

Can are you telling us that chillies are used in casting spells, does that mean Sc is a w.... no I'm too feart to say it just in case she has a broom, it's bad enough one being able to zoom about without having another yin Smile