Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 20-11-2020

Dug out 3 barrow loads of sandstone, and collected 8 bags of seaweed, chopped the seaweed up a bit with garden shears

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 20-11-2020

Not much today due to the weather.

Went to a friends and picked up a shed load of cardboard from his new kitchen fit.

Spent all afternoon removing tape, staples, and shiny bits

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 21-11-2020

Continued to remove tape, staples, and shiny bits from the cardboard picked up yesterday

Sowed Walking Onions

Repotted Comfrey

Picked my first ever parsnip?

Tidied Chard plants

Prepped pots ready for fruit trees

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 21-11-2020

Sowed peas. Found a small pot of something oniony, could be onion or leek seedlings. All very small and neglected. Separated them and prodded them into the soil to see what happens. Raked and bagged leaves, again. Retrieved spent compost from some tubs and bagged it up for later use.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 21-11-2020

Went fishing! Big Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 21-11-2020

Spent some time cracking open radish pods for the seeds. Not sure why really, as I have millions of radish seed packets and I'm not sure I even like radishes!!
However, every seed deserves a chance. !!!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 21-11-2020

Me & skew walked to the beach twice. It rained both times  Rolleyes .

[attachment=1628]

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 22-11-2020

Got out the ride on, set the blades to the lowest and drove it round the front yard collecting the pine needles, my grandson called in so I left him finish it the emptied them in around the raspberry canes.

Clear up all the cat crap from the raised flower beds and hopefully made it cat proof with a net and water bottles and citrus trimmings.

Changed the regulator on my gas cooker so I could change from butane to propane, a few years ago we had a very harsh winter with temperatures below -7’C and the butane froze and lost pressure, I suspect we will have another harsh one this year so change to Propane which doesn’t freeze as easy.

Got turf in and filled the bunker, it will be cold tonight, currently it is 3’C and forecast to go lower. Closed up the poly tunnel for the night.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 23-11-2020

Collected 2 more bags of leaves

Bagged up last of the manure

Started digging the bean trench. I was really please how the soil looked and the amount of worms. All I did last time was line with shredded paper.

Finished dismantling the strawberry netting frame

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 23-11-2020

Dug through some of the 'herbaceous' border being ruthless and chucking out unwanted overgrown or self seeded stuff. Now I will have gaps to fill with I have no idea what. I'm fed up with the plants I've got and not a clue what I would like in their place. The digging continues tomorrow.