Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 07-11-2020

Went for a walk joined by Mrs B today, a nice chill in the air and a bit misty. The 2nd photo shows where our plot is.
[attachment=1571][attachment=1572][attachment=1573][attachment=1574][attachment=1575][attachment=1576]
Sorted historical gardening magazines into chronological order(I know how to live)!
Need to decide whether to keep them or go through removing the articles I want (I have about 5 years of GYO and Home Farmer and 2 years Which Gardening)

Started sorting our my seed packets, I have far too many so will list the surplus in a few weeks in case anyone wants anythingSmile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 07-11-2020

(07-11-2020, 03:57 PM)Broadway Wrote: Went for a walk joined by Mrs B today, a nice chill in the air and a bit misty. The 2nd photo shows where our plot is.

Sorted historical gardening magazines into chronological order(I know how to live)!
Need to decide whether to keep them or go through removing the articles I want (I have about 5 years of GYO and Home Farmer and 2 years Which Gardening)

Started sorting our my seed packets, I have far too many so will list the surplus in a few weeks in case anyone wants anythingSmile
Any fish in the canal Danny? Huh

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 07-11-2020

Back on the arduous job of tiling the bathroom so you could say I have been on the tiles all day. Rolleyes

I am trying to get all the full tiles into position and will do all the cut tiles after that......oh joy! Cry

Rain forecast for tomorrow so its back on the tiles again.

(In case anyone is thinking of tiling their bathroom............don't do it ........unless you have the patience of a saint!) Rolleyes

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 07-11-2020

(07-11-2020, 05:39 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 03:57 PM)Broadway Wrote: Went for a walk joined by Mrs B today, a nice chill in the air and a bit misty. The 2nd photo shows where our plot is.

Any fish in the canal Danny? Huh
Saw a fair few being caught in the summer Vinny including some big carp.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 07-11-2020

My daughter has been having a problem with her hot tub, it's one of those blowup paddling pool tipe, so she wanted me to check it out for her, so rather than me having to go up to her house she had brought it down to me, so this morning after decontaminating the pump I then connected it up and got it blown up when the machine stops its supposed to stay up, but this one just deflates so spent quite a bit of time going all over it to check for an air leak but no joy with that, as its not that old daughter had contacted the manufacturer who wanted photographic proof of the checks so had to go over it a second time and unbelievably, it was the same result Rolleyes now have to wait for further instructions from manufacturer and just to add as it was quite cold and working with water, my hands were freezing

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 07-11-2020

Got another digger on hire this weekend so Bob has been digging more ditches and making others deeper.
I’ve been stone picking. Mainly just to keep warm , so I was just standing around watching.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 07-11-2020

Did the shopping with the wife. Moved the 1 and 2 tonne bags of turf and logs into my new turf shed. 
Fitted a tarpaulin curtain in front of it to stop the rain getting in the front.
Then got the tractor started and cut the back grass with the ride on, hopefully get the front cut tomorrow. Need to assemble a new desk tomorrow as well.

[attachment=1578]

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 08-11-2020

Took 4 bags of leaves over the plot, 1 bag per bed layered.

Attended the two minute silence for Remembrance Sunday, the main service was online and they came outside for the silence at the end. The first picture is taken from our front gate.
[attachment=1580][attachment=1581][attachment=1582]

Went on another walk with Mrs B, not the same without Stella however we were able to go further and faster.

Watched Tottenham pinch 3 pointsSmile

Popped 3 more bags of leaves over the plot.

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 08-11-2020

Emptying, repairing and then filling the log store all day today - about a third finished and all the wood is from home or within the commune. We do it about every three or four years as otherwise we'd never get to the stuff at the back!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Scarlet - 08-11-2020

(08-11-2020, 05:23 PM)Broadway Wrote: Took 4 bags of leaves over the plot, 1 bag per bed layered.

Attended the two minute silence for Remembrance Sunday, the main service was online and they came outside for the silence at the end. The first picture is taken from our front gate.

Went on another walk with Mrs B, not the same without Stella however we were able to go further and faster.

Watched Tottenham pinch 3 pointsSmile

Popped 3 more bags of leaves over the plot.
Love photo 1!