Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 30-09-2020

Cutting more hedge down

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 30-09-2020

Went blackberrying and made  blackberry crumble with custard. Cool I have the rest freezing on a tray and will bag them up tomorrow. Big Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 01-10-2020

Cutting more hedge and strimming

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 02-10-2020

Yesterday: I found some garlic cloves sprouting, so stuffed the into the ground. Does it work with garlic the same a shallots that bigguns get little'uns, and vice versa? The 'cloves' that sprouted were actually bulbs that didn't divide last year, so maybe all they'll do is go to seed.

RE: Tell us what you did today - MartinH - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 01:32 PM)JJB Wrote: The 'cloves' that sprouted were actually bulbs that didn't divide last year, so maybe all they'll do is go to seed.

This time last year, I planted some like that. They did really well, made some nice bulbs, divided normally. Hopefully yours will do the same!

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 02-10-2020

(02-10-2020, 02:20 PM)MartinH Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 01:32 PM)JJB Wrote: The 'cloves' that sprouted were actually bulbs that didn't divide last year, so maybe all they'll do is go to seed.

This time last year, I planted some like that. They did really well, made some nice bulbs, divided normally. Hopefully yours will do the same!

Thanks Mark, the variety of these bulbs is unknown, they were the derivative of some old supermarket garlic cloves that I planted well over 5 yrs ago.  The garlic kept coming up each season but never made cloves, it was growing very densely,  but it was enough for my purposes.  Last year I decided to grow garlic a bit more seriously and I planted in the spring indoors in pots because the weather was so wet, not letting the cloves get frosted.  Lesson learned. We'll see what happens this year.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 03-10-2020

After work, I did a bit more hedge removal. And painted all the stumps with wire grown in. So Bob doesn’t damage his chainsaw.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 04-10-2020

Bob was Hedge cutting, I was hauling away and painting stumps so it doesn’t come back.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 04-10-2020

It was lashing rather n and wind howled no so I managed to get 2 wheelbarrows of turf into the bunker and a load of logs, lit the fire then put on the dinner, my niece and her family called in to say hello, my grand niece had made her first holy communion and arrived in her lovely white dress.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 06-10-2020

Ripped out the tomatoes. Pruned the sweet peppers. Spread manure on the tunnel raised bed & covered it with weed fabric. Tidied the tunnel and shut it down (mostly) for the winter. Started taking out some of my chillies.