Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 07-09-2020

(07-09-2020, 05:28 PM)Eyren Wrote: Also helped the OH move two dozen bags of Dalefoot compost round to the back garden, after a pallet delivery this morning. We don't have a wheelbarrow, but luckily he has a porter-type trolley from work (used for book boxes), which made the job a lot easier. Hoping for good things, as this stuff gets glowing reviews.

Well all the plants I grew in it thrived this year - even the Califonia wonder peppers. The tomatoes in my main greenhouse (grafted) are loaded with fruit that is now starting to ripen. A bit late so I need to start any grafting ones earlier. I found 2 having a lie down a couple of days ago due to the weight of fruit and had to stand them up again.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 19-09-2020

Harvested quinoa and it is now hanging up drying in a shed. Should probably have been done a few days ago as some seed dropped out and there was evidence some birds, probably tits, had been helping themselves. Hung up some onions and packed some in boxes. picked a load of tomatoes and watered the plants, processed 6 kilner jars of tomatoes and picked 1 nice courgette.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 19-09-2020

I went to the plot today with the sole intention just to water stuff in greenhouse. Told OH I wouldn't be long. As usual the draw of the allotment meant I spent a couple of hours there. Angry
I harvested toms,cukes and the never ending courhettes. Also picked up veg for Sundays dinner, carrots,turnip,calabrese and tatties.Pulled some onions to dry off and decided to hoe the area they had been in.

I have had wasps in my shed for a while and as the activity has stopped I managed to prize open the shed door and see where the nest was. Shock and horror, I found the nest hanging from the roof which was the size of a football!

I need to google to find out if its full of wasps or whether they have moved on.

Night night!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 20-09-2020

Removed 2 cucs from the GH then took my chilli indoors for the winter. Weeded and tidied GH.
Planted lettuce sown in newspaper pots some in the ground some into buckets.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 20-09-2020

Brought the wife to the Range and also a Home Store & More to get some nick knacks for the patio also picked up a few Halloween decorations for my grand children

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 20-09-2020

First go at cutting and laying a hedge. We got better as we went along, bending the saplings, cutting them part way through and then weaving them in. Really should have cut back the wild roses and brambles first. We're both shredded!!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 21-09-2020

Potted on Rhubarb and Gooseberries

Planted out Comfrey

Harvested CFB’s & Courgettes

Added paper/card shredding’s to dalek

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 21-09-2020

Picked and juiced apples two for the freezer one in the fridge.

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 21-09-2020

Weeded and cleared raspberries of old canes. Aided and abetted P to replace old shed asphalt roof with EPDM. He has spent the last few days removing old roofing felt, making good as much as possible (shed is over 35 years old), propping said roof up with timber because it was sagging. Why not a new shed I hear you ask. Well, when our lad was small (he's now 32) P built an extension to the existing potting type shed to house among other things a trailer for the ride-on, cement mixer, fencing posts and materials, etc. This extension has been annexed by me for gardening stuff much to the chagrin of P. Tough! So no, we can't get a new shed because the existing one holds up a very useful sturdy extension. So its make do and mend. Job done with only edges to finish off tomorrow. A fairly productive day.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 21-09-2020

Tax Returns for 2019 Cry Sick  Angry