Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - SarrissUK - 28-08-2020

I haven't been outside today other than opening the back door for the dogs. Working from home, I ended up working much later than I intended to, and the weather was so bad that even the dogs didn't want to go out for a walk.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 29-08-2020

Worked from home again, then needed to go to the credit union so did some shopping in ALDI while I was out. Got some nice strong flexi gardening gloves in Aldi for €2.94 a pair. Really good value.

[attachment=1123]

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 29-08-2020

Boiled up cooking apples for freezing. Collected tomatoes that are all splitting in the wet weather and boiled them up for freezer and use in soup or sauces. Baked sponge and choc chip cookies. This afternoon must get on with some weeding.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 29-08-2020

(29-08-2020, 12:25 AM)Can the Man Wrote: Worked from home again, then needed to go to the credit union so did some shopping in ALDI while I was out. Got some nice strong flexi gardening gloves in Aldi for €2.94 a pair. Really good value.
CtM I bought those same gloves last year they're hard wearing and comfy to wear  Smile

Apple picking again today here    they're lovely apples Worcester pearmain but they don't keep so I've been juicing, dehydrating, freezing and making chutney with them.    Still have lots left even after sharing with neighbours.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Scarlet - 29-08-2020

Had a little walk round the garden this morning and looked at a very over grown border with a 25ft bay tree in the corner. OH came over and said that bay tree is getting out of hand......I'm now shattered. Spent all day chopping it up and clearing it away. Finefor him! The chain saw bit takes seconds!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 30-08-2020

Weeding the brassicas bed, pulled up 3 brussel sprout plants that were overrun with caterpillars and earwigs. Sowed new brussel sprout plants, new curly kale. Cut the grass front and back with the mulching plug in place on the ride on. Pulled up the last of the peas and planted 26 leeks. All aches and pains.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mikey - 31-08-2020

Built a winter frame for my pizza oven, mowed the lawn inspected toms, a couple weren’t standing to attention so they were not tied in. Potted on some cauli, and patty pans, not sure how they will stand upto a greenhouse winter but we’ll see. Gathered remainder of leek seeds to dry.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 31-08-2020

I was in my local shop where they had huge heads of garlic for sale for 35p each. These heads were nearly as big as my elephant garlic.

I purchased two, and along with my elephant garlic will plant these all soon. 

Did loads of hand weeding at allotment (which my back is complaining about now) and harvested my Ailsa Craig onions grown from seed. Tidied up some of my cabbage plants and noted I have a massive red ball cabbage ready for harvesting. It is about the size of a basketball so as well as pickled cabbage I will have to hunt out some other recipes. Red cabbage and apples sounds good as I also have some apples ready to use.

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 31-08-2020

Friday sowed lettuces, beetroot, spring & red cabbages.
Planted out lettuces, probably the last to go into open ground this year, and leaf beet - it has been so hot and dry the first batch which I would expect to feed us through the winter is going to seed already.
Weeded the leeks, including some interesting rogue tomatoes, and covered them against allium leaf miner - hopefully the weather won't turn hot again otherwise they might cook!
Cleared the blighted leaves for the tomatoes and put another tray of Prince Borghese on the car dashboard to 'sun' dry.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 31-08-2020

Collected all the dried telephone peas for next years seeds not many more to dry then the frame can come down.
Picked, sliced and cooked more apples for the freezer. Froze a bag of parsley and some oregano.
Of out for a stroll in the sunshine.