Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 02-08-2020

I did get the front garden grass cut, hopefully the back tomorrow, had lots of problems with the ride on choking with damp grass. Friends called over for dinner, and went home with cucumbers cauliflower carrots onions and Hungarian hot wax chilli

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 02-08-2020

Fed chillies, tied up some chillies, pulled out dwarf french beans, collected seeds, pruned out some of the leaves from the mini tomato ( don’t know varieties, he just appeared as a seedling). Took net tunnel off brassicas to harvest.

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 02-08-2020

Watched the rain which fell gently all day despite non being forcast. Gotta love that mountain effect! Pickled some gherkins.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 03-08-2020

Weeded my brassica cage and removed a couple of cauliflowers that hadn't formed heads did take a pic for best failure though.

Not much else just weeding.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 03-08-2020

(02-08-2020, 02:57 PM)Broadway Wrote: Took 2 more raised beds to the plot this morning however only levelled one due to the area it went on (full of old slate tiles) then layered with tree clippings, cardboard, and grass clippings. I'm going to use this one for my comfrey kindly donated by TMTSmile
Levelled the 2nd this morning, that's 12 now in place, primarily for next year however some perennial bits will go in in the next month or two.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 03-08-2020

Dug out the last of my tunnel potatoes, also cleared a bed of remaining carrots. It was hot in there 31’C. Then I dug and raked over the beds previously used for carrots and planted some Pentland Javelin potatoes for later in the year, aiming for new potatoes at Christmas. I also planted more Pentland Javelins where I had my seed nursery as nothing had grown all season in this bed. I want to get some more carrots in for later in the year. Growing carrots in raised beds 26-30” high in a poly tunnel has proved a great success this year, no problems with carrot fly because they are high and also I have some onions and lots of scallions growing in the poly tunnel.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 04-08-2020

Good mate is visiting and is very good at DIY therefore he fixed my shed roof and guttering this morning. I'm not convinced I'll ever collect enough water for the plot from the shed roof but at least it will now be dry insideSmile

He's also replacing 3 lights for Mrs B, better get him a beer laterSmile Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 04-08-2020

Yesterday I sowed a block of  Mooli/Daikon radish where the ground was already dug from lifting some spuds. Cool Just needed to level it with a rake and sow four short rows. They are a big seed so easy to space out about 6 inches apart in 12 inch wide rows.
Watered indoor stuff and did lots of hand weeding on plot.  Harvested a couple of eating apples, some courgettes,carrots and kale.

Today we have rain and wind so decided to see what needed using up from the freezer. Found some frozen blackberries from last year and as it will soon be blackberrying season again so decided to use them up. I made a nice blackberry and apple lattice pie, using the apples I brought from the plot. 
OH enjoyed it with cream as much as I did so I must be doing summat right! Rolleyes

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 04-08-2020

Emptied the last of one compost bin into the barrow for the veg garden and then turned the other three - number four (a dalek, only for storage really) and number three are both just about ready to use so everywhere should get a good mulch this year.
Mr PP cut the wild flower meadow as nearly everything had finished and the brambles, bindweed and blackthorn always try to get a toe-hold in late summer. We have what was once a bare clay bank where the platform was cut out to build the house and we've been dumping the meadow grass on the next bit to be planted - this autumn's task, so I need to get planning!
Weeded the roots bed, pathetic number of carrots but the parsnips aren't too bad, and also the new globe artichoke bed - I planted out 20 plants and the voles have eaten all but seven. When the cat asks to spend tonight on the duvet he will be firmly put outside! (He'll then come in though the flap and cry outside the bedroom door until one of us lets him in!)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 05-08-2020

(04-08-2020, 11:19 AM)Broadway Wrote: Good mate is visiting and is very good at DIY therefore he fixed my shed roof and guttering this morning. I'm not convinced I'll ever collect enough water for the plot from the shed roof but at least it will now be dry insideSmile

He's also replacing 3 lights for Mrs B, better get him a beer laterSmile Smile
The beers were had and he is now back on his way down south. 

We already have a list for his next visitSmile