Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 11-07-2020

Weeded around the raspberry bushes and the beetroot, pulled 3 beetroot found one of them is a white one, the other two are the pink and white rings. Planted out beetroot seedlings, discovered 4 red onion seedlings that survived the crow attack and are now about 3-4” tall so I transplanted them to the onion raised bed. Sprayed the spuds with dithane against blight, there is a local warning for blight. Dug some spuds in the poly tunnel, these were the Pentlands from last October that were killed by frost one night, I was growing them for Christmas spuds, anyway the tubers survived and grew over the last few months, and produced about 5-6 spuds per plant

[attachment=720]

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 13-07-2020

Seed collecting. Little bit of harvesting. Made a hammock for one of my tromboncino and named him Odin  Wink .

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 14-07-2020

More seed saving, pollinated my courgette that I’m going to save seeds from. Harvested stuff. Had a chat with Odin.

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 14-07-2020

Encouraged 8ft CFB to pretend to be 6ft by layering like a hedge along the top rail.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 15-07-2020

Removed tomato armpits. Fed chillies, tomatoes, asparagus, courgettes. Tied up sunflowers.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 15-07-2020

Finished planting out all the Pattypan squash that were so old they shouldn't have germinated and the 18 courgettes that were in my weekly sowing experiment from a couple of years ago.
The moral of all this is - cucurbit seeds have a long shelf life.Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 18-07-2020

Well yesterday......

- Took 4 new raised beds to the plot

- Harvested 3 courgettes, 4 beets, 1 cucumber, and some salad leaves

- Took some gooseberry cuttings, not sure if it's the correct time but nothing ventured?

- Potted on Rhubarb sown this year

- Sowed some more asparagus seed, again not sure about timing but one germinated last week?

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 18-07-2020

After work had a tidy up of the salad bar. Emptied lots of the old trays gave them a clean. Refilled 3 and sown more seeds. Tied up radish seed pod plant, the thing grabbed hold of you every time you walked past.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 18-07-2020

Fixed puncture on wheelbarrow now glue has arrived from ebay then used it to cart comfrey to its water-butt.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Scarlet - 18-07-2020

Dug our some tree roots from a border with the help of my OH ( well he did the most) and then also one of my boys.

Chain saw, axe, crow bar and a ton of shovelling - it's taken us two days. Let's hope my new rose likes his position Smile