Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 26-06-2020

Fed some chillies, potted on my luffa, sown seeds, harvested lots of things.

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 26-06-2020

Dead headed dianthus, roses, gaillardia and osteospurnum (sp? ). Harvested. Played gopher to Paul..... as ever.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 26-06-2020

Planted some brassica seedlings from a local FB plant swap - 2 PSB, 2 kalettes (still have a love hate relationship with these), and 2 different kale plants.
Did some "summer pruning" of a couple of apple trees - actually, I cut back some of the whippy new shoots and took off a few branches that kept poking me in the face - but "summer pruning" makes it sound as if I know what I'm doing.
Cut off the seed heads on dock and hogweed plants to stop the setting seed, Didn't have time to dig up the roots but stopping them seeding is half the battle.
Did some weeding on various beds.
Picked some fruit, peas and beans.
Cut off the lowest leaves on the GH tomatoes.
Waited for the rain that never came.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 27-06-2020

Scrounged a metal storage unit from the house up the road that had been left out for the scrap man. Shy

It will be ideal for either storing wood for the log burner or I may even utilise it for storage in my shed. Smile

There is a true saying around here that "Shy bairns get nowt" Big Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - Admin - 27-06-2020

Evening all

Spent the afternnon over the plots, moved a 10 x 8 greenhouse frame from an empty plot, started to rub it down as its going to be green.....I like green Big Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 27-06-2020

Not much today....

- took some scraps to the plot this morning for the dalek

- tidied coal bunker / outdoors storage room at home, I have control again

- sat around waiting to say goodbye to my son, he's back in London now after 3 months with us, I will miss him

- quick stomp to the plot to pick-up broadies and strawberries

- now ready to eat tea with Mrs B talking about getting back to a routine now that hotel shireoaks is shutSmile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 27-06-2020

Armpitted and tied up the tomatoes.
Moved the 12 Aubergine plants I said I've never been able to grow before into another GH as they'd grown too large for the original one.
Planted a ?Morning Glory Vine that I was given in a random plant swap - which meant weeding a little patch alongside some netting - where I discovered a begonia struggling through the undergrowth.
Found some fruit on the edible hedge. Thought they were Worcesterberries but they may be gooseberries. I usually leave them for the birds as they're too thorny to pick.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 30-06-2020

Sown a little more salad. Fed courgettes, tied up some brassicas that really didn’t enjoy yesterday’s heavy rain & strong winds. Bagged some more chillies for seed saving.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 30-06-2020

Strimmed plot side...

Continued painting new raised beds, number 4 just completed...

Shopping this morning, never seen Sainsburys so quiet...Eyed up loads of cardboard at the recycle area, gonna fill my boots next weekSmile

Bit of weeding around the courgette and bean area of the plot…

Bagged up dried grass cuttings and spread out the new lot…

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 30-06-2020

Fed the chillies, cucumbers and tomatoes, lots of flowers appearing on my chillies. Cucumbers appear everywhere, tomatoes starting to ripen on 2 of the plants but not on the other 2. Picked a few ripe ones. Moved some strawberry plants outside they seem to be getting an attack of aphids or something similar.