Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 21-06-2020

Potted up salad bowl, all year round lettuce and mizuna not sure were I'm going to put 60 plants but I usually find enough gaps for them all. Fed and tied in my toms. Tied tall peas that were escaping the netting. Lastly 're homed more self seeded Nasturtiums

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 21-06-2020

Flower beds rather than veg beds today. Tidying, weeding and planting out.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 21-06-2020

Yesterday - planted the Marketmore and Crystal Lemon cucumbers out - also some Ichikuri squash.
Encouraged the Loofas to twine around the netting (lots of tendrils on these little scrubbers).

Today, some weeding, tying in and pruning tomatoes and messing about.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Scarlet - 21-06-2020

Today I put 4 loads of washing in and dogdging the lunchtime rain managed to dry it all on the line. Not long brought the last lot in Sad son number 1 cleared out his Uni digs. Cost us a fortune and he's hardly been there.

Then I planted in some more dahlias.
Showed some annual poppy seeds (( flung them around)
Sowed beetroot and lettuce seed.
Potted up my lupin seedlings
Put some canes in for some toms that I'd left Sad
Arm pitted lots of toms
Tied in my cues
Used the hose to water both green house.
Weeded a bit.
That took me from 8am till 7.30 this evening. I'm shattered!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 22-06-2020

Fed some chillies ( can’t get the top off new tub of feed, have to wait till ug gets home  Wink ) , fed tomatoes, courgettes, tromboncino, cucumber, french beans ( big & dwarf ), asparagus. 

Tied up all the Brussel sprouts, asparagus and tromboncino ( more encouraging him to go around his climbing frame rather than pass it , and going straight up the side of the tunnel)

Now about to turn some of the courgette pile into a quiche.

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 22-06-2020

Comfrey feeding day - veggies on a Monday and pretty pots on a Friday - so the garden stinks and I stank.
Planted some artichokes and relocated some morning glories. Armpitted and tied in the tomatoes, tied in the cucumbers.
Trimmed a hedge with no nesting birds and put the lot through the shredder.
And then a couple of hours on the motorcycles this afternoon as it wasn't too hot.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 22-06-2020

Intended to sow some spring onion and summer leek seeds using the half bag of compost in the GH. Opened the bag and it was full of ant's and eggs. Some with wings too (the ants, not the eggs) so don't know whether they're about to fly. Don't flying ants and Wimbledon coincide?

Went onto Plan B which is the bag of Arthur someone's MPC . Its absolutely disgusting stuff. Its like planting in cotton wool, push a bean seed in and it springs back out again. Close look - seems to be strands of string, nothing like plant material. I was desperate when I bought it - but I'll never be that desperate again. I'll just shred a Tshirt.

Picked raspberries and mangetout, did some pruning of raspberry canes, played at weeding.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 22-06-2020

(22-06-2020, 03:45 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Fed some chillies ( can’t get the top off new tub of feed, have to wait till ug gets home  Wink ) , fed tomatoes, courgettes, tromboncino, cucumber, french beans ( big & dwarf ), asparagus. 

Tied up all the Brussel sprouts, asparagus and tromboncino ( more encouraging him to go around his climbing frame rather than pass it , and going straight up the side of the tunnel)

Now about to turn some of the courgette pile into a quiche.
SC what feed do you use with your chilli?, I’m using tomato fed and sometimes seaweed feed.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 22-06-2020

Cut the grass, weeded then mulched around potatoes, beans and peas.

RE: Tell us what you did today - SarrissUK - 23-06-2020

I hoovered the house, and moved out the last two bags of compost that I purchased at the weekend. I had already moved the other thirteen bags out to the back garden, and tipped half of them into my raised beds. They're all planted up now, and I have 7 bags of compost left to play with!

I picked some strawbs and loganberries, and watered the new beds thoroughly... That'll do pig, that'll do.