Garden And Gossip Forums
Aubergines 2020 - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: From seed to plant (edibles) (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Everything Veggie (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Aubergines 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=155)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Aubergines 2020 - Veggie - 30-05-2020

[attachment=250]

My first year growing (trying to grow) Aubergines. 
I had a mixed packet of seeds - Mediterranean and Asian. 50 seeds and I sowed the lot!
I've potted up 12 and still have 9 in modules whose fate is undecided. None of the neighbours want them - they say insulting things about  them instead!

I have no idea what to expect from them  (that's the aubergines, not the neighbours!) but, you know me, I like surprises.  Big Grin

RE: Aubergines 2020 - JJB - 30-05-2020

Sounds delightful. If I was nearer I'd have some off you. Love to eat aubergines, never grown them successfully , I think I cram too much into the GH and I forget to tend them. Same with peppers. Maybe next year with more undercover room I have another bash. When did you sow them?

RE: Aubergines 2020 - Veggie - 30-05-2020

JJB, I've never grown them successfully either but I had this mixed packet lying around (sow by 2019). I'm hoping that the Asian ones will be easier than the Med ones (smaller and quicker to mature). 
Since I don[t know which are which they've all been lumped in together!
Sown 6/3/20.

RE: Aubergines 2020 - Small chilli - 06-06-2020

I can join in  Big Grin .

I’m getting some aubergine plants. Someone on our local gardening fb group has got some for sale £1 each. Can’t argue with that    Smile , and they’re not the other end of the island  Smile  . Now need to research because after a quick google of the variety name she gave me, I can only find globe artichoke   Huh . Anyone know anything about Imperial Star aubergine? Normal shape apparently.

RE: Aubergines 2020 - Veggie - 06-06-2020

Can you ask for a photo of the leaves - just in case they are artichokes (leaves like thistles I think).
Aub leaves are rounded and furry.

RE: Aubergines 2020 - Small chilli - 06-06-2020

(06-06-2020, 02:54 PM)Veggie Wrote: Can you ask for a photo of the leaves - just in case they are artichokes (leaves like thistles I think).
Aub leaves are rounded and furry.
There’s a picture on the for sale post. They are 100% aubergine plants. I think the variety my have got confused somewhere down the line. Never mind. We can grow mystery aubergines together   Big Grin .

RE: Aubergines 2020 - Small chilli - 08-06-2020

They are now planted

[attachment=418]

RE: Aubergines 2020 - Veggie - 08-06-2020

They#ll be happy now. Smile
Any more info on the variety?

(08-06-2020, 10:14 AM)Veggie Wrote: They#ll be happy now. Smile
Any more info on the variety?
Not had chance to do anymore research yet.  Will have another look later.  Smile

After some more googling the closest I can find is imperial black beauty. So I’m still at a loss really, we’ll just have to what till it grows.