Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - Tonight’s recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - Tonight’s recipe (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Bren - 11-01-2021

Corned beef pie, kale, carrots, peas and roast parsnips.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 10:10 AM)Bren Wrote: Corned beef pie, kale, carrots, peas and roast parsnips.
You like your corned beef pie as much as my wife does Bren. Rolleyes Just out of interest, do you add Worcester sauce to mix? Huh

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Can the Man - 11-01-2021

Leftover roast pork loin, spuds and veg

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 11-01-2021

Spicy Vegetable Samosas with a Mayonnaise dip to cool my mouth down Rolleyes

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Bren - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 11:35 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 10:10 AM)Bren Wrote: Corned beef pie, kale, carrots, peas and roast parsnips.
You like your corned beef pie as much as my wife does Bren. Rolleyes Just out of interest, do you add Worcester sauce to mix? Huh

Yep the corned beef gets marinated in Worcester sauce and whole grain mustard.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Small chilli - 11-01-2021

Sticky sweet chilli pork ribs with veggie fried rice

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Can the Man - 11-01-2021

Some apple Madeira cake with custard for desert hhhmmmmmmm Smile Smile Smile

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Small chilli - 12-01-2021

Chilli & rice with extra chillies

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Can the Man - 13-01-2021

Slow cooked beef stew, here is the recipe as requested.

750g of Chuck Beef cut up into pieces
1 large red onion cut into thick slices
1 large white onion ditto
4-5 large carrots peeled and cut into large chunks
1 chicken stock pot because I had no beef one and I much prefer these over stock cubes.
I large glass of red wine
1/2 carton of Pasata I always use 1/2 and freeze the other half for use in the next stew, chilli or curry. A healthy squeeze of tomato purée. A couple of dashes of Worcester sauce.
Shake of Smoked paprika, mixed herbs whatever you have mine were dried parsley thyme basil and rosemary with 2 bay leaves. Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fry off the onions in a little sunflower oil and transfer to slow cooker, brown meat in same pan and transfer to slow cooker, normally 2-3 batches in the wok. The add some water, the Pasata, the stock pot, herbs etc, basically the rest of the ingredients and make up a cooking sauce, add sufficient tomato purée to help thicken the sauce. Transfer to slow cooker. Put on high setting for approx. 1 hour, then on low setting for 3-4 hours stirring occasionally. When nearly ready, boil up your potatoes as you would normally and when cooked add to the slow cooker for about the last 10 minutes for them to absorb the sauce. I normally would fry off some mushrooms and add them at this stage as if you put them in for the long slow cook they go slimey, then serve in a big bowl with a good sprinkle of salt and a grind of black pepper. Enjoy.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Broadway - 13-01-2021

Pizza chips and salad last night.

Mixed freezer veg frittata tonight with chips and salad.