Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - Tonight’s recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - Tonight’s recipe (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Bren - 24-08-2020

Tonight we’re having the rest of yesterday’s sausage and veg casserole.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Broadway - 24-08-2020

Taking advantage of the governments “Eat Out to Help Out Scheme” tonight, will update later.

Using the opportunity to checkout a couple of venues before my aunt visits next month?

Update....I had gammon(1/2 a pig) chips and salad Mrs B had scampi chips and salad. Very nice too.

Then I woke up a 2am Tuesday morning with a ******* of a tooth ache, obviously aggravated by the gigantic plate of food I'd consumed! (Initially got the tooth ache in lockdown but couldn’t do anything about it)

Anyway not as bad today although I look like a chipmunk Smile Just off to get the antibiotics now.

Note to all, when you move make sure you register for a dentist straight away, it's not easy getting in at the moment!!

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Small chilli - 24-08-2020

Venison chilli & rice followed by chocolate brownies & ice cream
We’ve got guests.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Can the Man - 24-08-2020

(24-08-2020, 09:02 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Venison chilli & rice followed by chocolate brownies & ice cream
We’ve got guests.
Sounds devine SC

(24-08-2020, 10:36 AM)Vinny Wrote: My OH is in hospital just now so I can cook things the way I like them just now. Sleepy

Yesterday for Sunday dinner I had allotment fare of Snowball turnips,broad beans,calabree and French beans. Added to this was a nice piece of Rib-eye steak bought cheaply from Aldi cooked medium rare, just the way I like i. Cool

Nicest Sunday meal I have had for a long time and all veg gathered freshly from plot.  Big Grin
I hope your OH gets better soon Vinny, meanwhile enjoy your culinary progress. Smile

Stuffed pork loin with a bread and herb with chopped dried apricots. With homegrown Cara spuds roasted slimmers world style, and really deep green cabbage.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Bren - 25-08-2020

Saag aloo, rice, sourdough naan with Indian apple chutney.
All homemade apart from the rice.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 25-08-2020

Salmon/chilli fish cakes and salad. Cool Tonight, summat with curly kale, yet to be decided. Smile

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Small chilli - 26-08-2020

Last night our friend did the cooking and we had a beef Thai curry , a sweet sticky Chinese dish all with a lovely rice dish I can pronounce. Followed by lemon posset

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 26-08-2020

Grilled Halloumi  and thinly sliced courgettes with French beans. Was nice hot but even nicer cold later on. Cool