Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - Tonight’s recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - Tonight’s recipe (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Small chilli - 15-09-2021

(15-09-2021, 07:46 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(14-09-2021, 08:44 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Lamb shank slow cooked in a plum sauce with mash
Hope this wasn't from one of your 'lawnmowers' which had bit the dust! Cry Big Grin
No lawnmowers were harmed for the preparation of this meal   Big Grin

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Bren - 15-09-2021

Veggie burgers with mixed lettuce, basil, cuc, toms, radishes, chives and Charlottes.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Mark_Riga - 21-09-2021

Last night was roasted veg with olives, halumi cheese and maftoul ( a large middle eastern couscous like stuff). I'ts always delicious.

One thing of interest was that the halumi cheese freezes OK. We don't use it except with roast veg and a packet of 200g is far too much for one cooking (generally 6 portions) so last time I put 1/2 the pack in the freezer.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 19-10-2021

Tuna Tuesday today so for my OMAD I decided to blag it rather than research a Tuna recipe on google. Rolleyes

I made a three egg omelette with a bit of flour added so it was semi-pancake-ish. I boiled some French beans and added half a chopped onion and half a chopped red pepper. To the other half of uncooked red onion and red pepper I added sweet corn and a chopped red Jalapeno seeds and all. Cry
I thought jallies weren't supposed to be spicy? Well this one was! Tongue

Anyway, mixed the cooked mix with the uncooked mix and spread it out on the omelette/pancake. Then I mixed a tin of tuna in oil with a tin of tuna in brine and put that on top.Finished off by adding a chopped avocado, salt,pepper and Apple cider vinegar.

It looks a lot for one person but remember that was my only meal for today. It was quite spicy but I enjoyed it. Cool

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 20-10-2021

(21-09-2021, 08:42 AM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Last night was roasted veg with olives, halumi cheese and maftoul ( a large middle eastern couscous like stuff). I'ts always delicious.

One thing of interest was that the halumi cheese freezes OK. We don't use it except with roast veg and a packet of 200g is far too much for one cooking (generally 6 portions) so last time I put 1/2 the pack in the freezer.
I love Halloumi, or 'squeaky' cheese as my grandson calls it. Cool I don't know whether I have mentioned this or not before , so forgive me if I have, but after always shallow frying Halloumi I decided the other day to deep fry it. The difference was astounding. Deep fried to a golden brown (which took a long time and I thought would never brown at one point) takes away a lot of the squeakiness and also the saltiness and leaves a lovely crust.
I enjoyed the difference so much that I will never shallow fry it again and bought extra at supermarket because I like it so much done this way. Big Grin

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Bren - 20-10-2021

I'd eat that Vinny apart from the avocado Smile

We've having Mackerel, charlottes with salad and pickles this evening.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 20-10-2021

Today's OMAD is stir fry. It is my steak day so chopped up a steak into strips and cooked it medium rare then added to stir fry near the end. Cool

Tomorrow is my egg day so don't know what my take will be on that yet? Huh

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 21-10-2021

Its my egg day today so this is the recipe I am trying! Cool

https://www.yummly.co.uk/recipe/Meatless-Monday-Pumpkin_-Halloumi-and-Red-Chilli-Frittata-1523207#directions

I have a pumpkin and I have Halloumi and its my egg day so what better recipe to try. Rolleyes

If it looks and tastes OK I might post a piccie! Dodgy

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Small chilli - 21-10-2021

(21-10-2021, 01:03 PM)Vinny Wrote: Its my egg day today so this is the recipe I am trying! Cool

https://www.yummly.co.uk/recipe/Meatless-Monday-Pumpkin_-Halloumi-and-Red-Chilli-Frittata-1523207#directions

I have a pumpkin and I have Halloumi and its my egg day so what better recipe to try. Rolleyes

If it looks and tastes OK I might post a piccie! Dodgy
That looks good Vinny. Can you add that link to the vegetarian & vegan recipe thread as well please  Smile . I’ll be trying that. Possibly tomorrow. We’re on fish & chips tonight

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 21-10-2021

Well, here is a piccie of my rendition of my egg recipe above. 

It turned out OK and I had it with a few salad leaves. It was a bit 'bland'  even though I had added extra chillies. Nothing that a squirt of tomato ketchup couldn't sort out though!  Smile

What you see on the plate is about half of it and I did go back for another quarter, leaving a quarter to try cold at a later date!

Kato wasn't impressed so I had to add a bit of ham to my plate so I could feed him some! Rolleyes

I'll try and do what you asked me to do SC.