Garden And Gossip Forums
2020/21 - Tonight’s recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2020/21 - Tonight’s recipe (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Vinny - 02-08-2021

Spicy chicken breasts with spicy rice and brocolli.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Small chilli - 02-08-2021

(02-08-2021, 04:55 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 04:53 PM)Small chilli Wrote: We are going out for a meal this evening! I don’t remember the last time we did that. Not including going to friends. We’re having A Syrian Supper at The Old Post Office & Lochbuie Larder.
I’m really quite excited, I’ve never had Syrian food before.
Me neither!! Take some photos! Would love to know what you get.
The view from our Syrian super venue. 
[attachment=3602]

The meal was lovely. A little spice & masses of flavour.
[attachment=3603]

Sorry can’t put any names to any of the different bits apart from generalisation. From the Middle hummus, lamb curry, rice, salad don’t know what the dressing was or the crunchy bits were, but stunning!, beetroot thing, flat bread, another fresh salsa/ chutney thing. 2 different filled dumpling type things. All very very nice   Cool

We were a little suspicious when the husband & wife chefs were paraded out before us all and informed they were getting a lift home. Before we’d even started eating. Luckily the lady that had actually organised the event was sat with us said better they go home rather than she goes into labour while she’s still at the cafe    Big Grin . Apparently she’s quite close.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Scarlet - 03-08-2021

It looks delicious! I've a couple of Persian cooking books - I love oklava and I've another - can't think at the moment. Uses lots of spices -! I love to cook but the OH won't eat spice these day Sad issues lots of pomegranate which I love too.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Small chilli - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 10:11 AM)Scarlet Wrote: It looks delicious! I've a couple of Persian cooking books - I love oklava and I've another - can't think at the moment. Uses lots of spices -! I love to cook but the OH won't eat spice these day Sad issues lots of pomegranate which I love too.
I forgot to photograph pudding! It looked like mini vegetarian sausage rolls.  But they were really really sweet. Bouncing off the walls sweet ( how I like my puddings  Big Grin ). Not 100% what the filling was, definitely some nuts of some sort and guess fruit. Really not sure, but still very nice. 2 plates of them were getting passed up & down the table.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Can the Man - 03-08-2021

Stuffed pork steak, garden spuds, carrots and purple French beans from the tunnel, cauliflower and gravy.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Bren - 04-08-2021

We're having Briam this evening with Stilton and a slice of sourdough.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Jay - 04-08-2021

Had to look up Briam Bren, looks delicious.

Tuna steaks and home made salsa tonight for us.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Scarlet - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 01:40 PM)Jay Wrote: Had to look up Briam Bren, looks delicious.

Tuna steaks and home made salsa tonight for us.
 I love it, and also often make aubergine stew/caponata. Similar recipe minus the spuds and Courgettes....uses up my Tom's and a few capers. Make it a little different. One that I do and store in the fridge. I have it on toast when I don't have sardines Big Grin

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Small chilli - 04-08-2021

Finishing last night’s roast beef with bubble and squeak.

RE: Tonight’s recipe - Can the Man - 04-08-2021

Southern fried chicken Maryland with sweet and sour rice, fried mushrooms